One may become too old, or too I'll to do certain things in life! But Never Too Old With God! When God told Abraham and Sarah they were going to bare a son; they replied as a 100, and a 90 year old would do: we are too old Gen 17, 18! But in due time, they saw they were not Too Old With God! (Not to suggest seniors beyond the flower of age, should be hopeful!) But in God's Spiritual scheme of things; we are Never Too Old to have connectivity and do awesome things in God!
Faithful and dedicated Senior Christian Saints are of great value in faith, knowledge, wisdom, and experience! Yes we may become too ill physically, and emotionally to serve; but Never Too Old With God Tit 2!
- The silver-haired head is a crown of Glory, if it is found in the way of righteousness Pro 16:31.
- They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing Psa 92:14.
- Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs, I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry you Isa 46:4.
May God bless Able body, mind and spirit Senior Saints to know we are: Never Too Old With God!
In Old Testament times, it was not uncommon to find profound men and women of age, deeply engaged in the work of God. Consider God's faithful heroes listed in Hebrews 12. All became disabled, or too sick, and disengaged in time! But Never Too Old! We are to be faithful until death Rev 2:10.
Senior Saints must reflect at best: knowledge, experience, wisdom and love; for their good, and better good of younger Saints! There are areas in Christian obedience where we are Never Too Old with God; to name a few:
- Never Too Old to learn more and obey the will and way of God... no excuse to become set in your ways and reject God 2 Tim 2:14-19.
- Never Too Old to teach God's Word by precept and example... Old Age is no excuse to have it your way Rm 12:9-13!
- Never Too Old for God's Word and Spirit to live in you Ac 17:28. Old age is not an excuse for evil arrogance to prevail Gal 6:10.
- Never Too Old to justify not being the best you can be for God as Salt, and Light for God Mat 5:13-14.
- Never Too Old to trust and wait on God... the older, the more we need to trust and wait on God 2 Cor 4:16-18.
When your employer conclude you are Too Old to work for their company/business; God says you are just right for His business of "Saving Souls and keeping Souls Saved" Mat 28:19-20; Mk 16:15-16; 8:36! And, you are Never To Old! He has a life-time job offer and the benefits are out of this world. He invites all who labor and are heavy laden to come to Him, and He will give them rest Mat 11:28.
Don't permit anybody or yourself even, to suggest you retire from your faithfulness to God; because you are Too Old! Yes, if Too ill/impaired; but Never because you are Too Old! And Don't become disengaged because you are not the same as you were 20 or more years ago... normal for all!
- If you can't walk and sing like you use to; keep moving and singing your best for the Lord and be glad!
- If you can't strut, preach/teach like you use to; just keep doing your best until the end just like that!
- If you can't be charitable the way you were while employed; just be liberal according to your prosperity, that formula is sufficient for all!
- No matter what area of Christian behavior we are in; keep the prayer line open between you and God, who provides for all our needs...we are Never Too Old to Obey and Pray to God Jas 5:15-16; Jon 9:31!
Keep Reading >>