5/3/2018 10:50:34 AM
THE GUIDANCE WE NEED
Oh, how we need the love and guidance of God each and every day of our lives!) It is very obvious we do not have the innate power to guide ourselves uprightly (Jer 10: 23). No wonder David said: "Your Word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against you" (Psa 119:11). In verse 105, he said: "Your Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path". No! all humankind will not submit to God's love and guidance. But all who do, will be blessed beyond measure in things (College 3:17).
A. When you roam, they will lead you: when you sleep, they will keep you; and when you awake, they will speak with you, for the commandment is a lamp, as the law is a light; reproofs of instructions are the way of life (Psa 22-23). Man is incomplete without God's guidance!
B. By which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakes of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (2 Per 1;4). One cannot and will not be guided God until he take on the Divine Nature from GOD!
6. To be carnal minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the Law of God, nor indeed can be.
8. So then those in the flesh cannot please God (Rom 8).
Humankind therefore, must be born again (Jon 3:3,5; II Cor 5:17). We must take on the Divine nature of God or remain carnal, incomplete, and the enemy of God!
When God's Divine nature is the power in our walk, talk, and lifestyle we know it and can't keep from showing it! Amen! Getting happy all by myself Lord.
Jesus said: ...the Words I speak unto you are Spirit and they are life" (Jon 6:63). Can't have one without the other. And when they are the drivers in our nature, the words of the ever wise Solomon becomes alive: "When you roam, they will lead you: when you sleep, they will keep you; and when you awake, they will speak with you, for the commandment is a lamp, as the law is a light; reproofs of instructions are the way of life (Pro 6:22-23). Again, man is lost and incomplete without God's guidance!
Paul the last chosen Apostle by the Lord, found himself in a tailspin trying to serve the Lord in the beginning (Rom 7:7-25. He made this lasting observation about the war between the inner and outer man, the "Flesh":
21. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22. Bui I delight in the law of God after the inner man:
23. But I see another law in my members, waring against the law of my members, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24. O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25. I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord, so then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
A. Through it all, Paul leaned to be content and to depend upon the Lord (Phil 4:11-13). So must all who desire to do God's will and way. We cannot let anything separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:31-39.
B. In the Words of Jesus ..."Be faithful until death, and I will give you a crown of life" (Rev 2:10). The Divine Nature of God is an absolute necessity for our survival of the war between the Inner and Outer man; the Spirit and the Flesh!
1. Blessed is the man that walk not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of the scornful.
2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law does he meditate day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree planted by rivers of water, that brings forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he does he shall prosper.
4. The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous Psa 1).
A. The way of the Lord is right, no exception!
B. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (Jon 14;1-6).
C. Obedience to Divine Truth by Divine Faith will set one free (Jon 8:32). Jesus is the man!
11. This is the stone which was set at naught of you builders, which is now become the head of the corner.
12. Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is none other name given among men, whereby we must be saved (Ac 4).
D. Again, May God bless you to be led and guided in all things pertaining to life and godliness in Jesus (Col 3:17). And that will be enough!